UNDERSTANDING VOLUNTARY AND FORCED MIGRATION : RESEARCH AND DATA NEEDSColloque LEM
UNDERSTANDING VOLUNTARY AND FORCED MIGRATION
RESEARCH AND DATA NEEDS
To be held at the University of Lille, LEM (France), 15 May, 2018
The aim of the conference is to reflect about the limits of current data used to study migration, to discuss the different new data-gathering strategies and to connect producers and academic users of migration data. A round table will be organized with Ethics Committee and stake-holders that facilitate data collection, dissemination and experimentation.
A discussant will be assigned to each paper presented at the conference.
The organizing committee invites the submission of high-quality academic papers that use different datasets (administrative, survey, experimental). Topics related to the voluntary and forced migration include but are not limited to:
- What drives mobility and the choice of migratory routes?
- What influences the choice of the destination country?
- What factors and policies influence socio-economic integration of migrants?
- What shapes native attitudes towards migrants?
- What is the difference between forced and voluntary migration?
- What do we know about climate refugees?
Keynote speaker: Giuseppe De ARCANGELIS (Sapienza University of Rome, Italy). "Field experiments in Migration Analysis"
Tweeter Partager sur Facebook Google +